Saturday, November 27, 2010

Home

It has been a long week of travel for me.  Last Friday night in Dallas, then an early Saturday morning flight to Atlanta for SBL.  Two nights in Atlanta and a late flight in on Monday night back home.  Then, a long drive to South Texas for Thanksgiving on Tuesday.  Three nights in the Valley, and then another long drive home Friday night. 

While I love traveling, there is nothing quite like home.  Last night was the first night I was able to fully enjoy how much I love being home.  I love the ratty old couch with a Keith shaped indention in it.  I love cuddling up to my wife and watching a good program on Netflix instant streaming.  I love our 20 pound lap kitty ransom firmly ensconced on my tummy.  I love watching the other kitties with their own idiosyncratic behavior.  I love sitting on the porch and enjoying a brisk Fall evening.  I love sitting at my antique roll top desk and hammering out a blog post.  I love being home.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to hear about you're life outside of the classroom. I realized as I sat on my leather couch at home that I missed the smell of the incense burning, the sound of my little dog Cosmo and 5 other animals running around the house, and watching The Biggest Loser with my Mom. It was really great to be in Austin for the holidays and I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday too! :)

    -Kara Marnach

    ReplyDelete