Friday, February 4, 2011

Waco Snow

This morning we woke up to a rare sight in Waco, TX: Snow.


We have been dealing with a horrible cold snap, at least for Central Texas. The last few days have refused to bring any temperatures above 25 degrees. Two pipes in my house froze, don't know if they are busted yet. Brooke mentioned to me a couple of days ago that we were getting the bitter cold without any of the benefits, namely snow. Well, last night and this morning we got the snow.

We both woke up early for work, only to receive a text message that work was postponed to be re-evaluated at 10:00. It is now 10:03 and we are still waiting to hear about work. We are bundled up inside, sipping hot apple cider, hoping that we don't have to venture out.

I know, it is only two inches of snow, not a big deal right. Well, to Texans, who don't know how to drive in the snow, it is a big deal. Sure, I grew up in Colorado, I know how to drive on the snow. But right now, my car tires are bald, and Brooke's car is rear wheel drive, so I am not looking forward to driving. Let alone that I know Waco's road clearing capabilities are next to nil and, since it has been so cold, the snow is certainly sticking to the roads.

Anyway, for now, we are enjoying being bundled up and looking out the window at the blanket of white that rests on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment